Students, faculty, and staff to join us for a brown bag lunchtime talk given by Ashley Kern, founder and data scientist at SightLine, INC., a predictive analytics company focusing on improving university processes through their existing data and resources. Light refreshments will be served.
Ashley earned her B.S. in Mathematics and M.S. in Data Science from Michigan Technological University and consulted as a data scientist in various industries prior to founding her startup. Ashley was a Bob Mark elevator pitch competition participant in 2015 and participated in a 14 Floors Pitch event in 2017.
Ashley will share insights about:
- Milestones to reach before raising a seed or pre-seed round
- Finding and communicating the value of your venture
- The hidden costs of raising an early round and what to expect
- Due diligence your investors will perform and how to prepare
- Maintaining value for your team and early advisers
Friday, November 8 at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Memorial Union Building (MUB), Superior Room B001
1503 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI 49931